Our Services


BY LAW, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate (or EPC) in place before you market your property to sell or rent.

Our qualified and accredited Energy Assessors will issue your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) following a visit and inspection,We also issue Commercial EPCs – contact us or a quote. 

We can speak to agents or tenants if required, to arrange the inspection

  • Local qualified Domestic Energy Assessors
  • Fast turnaround & flexible appointments

From April 2018 Landlords cannot rent or advertise a property that is below an E rating.  Landlords with homes below BAND E energy use rating, will have to carry out improvements to increase the rating by law.

An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations on reducing energy use to save money
  • information on improving the property under the Green Deal
  • An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

The survey is actually quite in depth and involves looking at various aspects of the building including:

  • Build type
  • Heating type and boiler model
  • Volume and heat loss perimeters
  • Party wall type
  • Different construction zones
  • Loft insulation
  • Other insulation present
  • Fuel types
  • Window types and more…


The penalty charge specified where the building is a dwelling is £200.00.
Local authorities choose body responsible for enforcement: Usually Building Control (for new build) and Trading Standards (for existing buildings). Enforcement agencies have the power to ask to see an EPC, and to issue a penalty if the certificate is not in place.
Trading Standards have access to the Landmark Registry (where certificates are stored) to check that certificates have been produced.

The new Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)

When is an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) needed?

It is recommended that fixed electrical installations should be inspected & tested at least once every five years, dependent on the type of installation and business practice, by a qualified person. If any faults are detected these should be remedied as soon as possible. You need a current Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) in order to meet your Health and Safety requirements and comply with:

What is an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)?

An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any deficiencies against the national safety standard for electrical installations.

Why is an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) required?

Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important for the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation to be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.

What is done during an Electrical Installation Condition Report?

For many years inspection and testing carried out on an existing electrical installation was known as a Periodic Inspection Report. From the end of 2011 that was changed, as was the format of the report to become the Electrical Installation Condition Report.

An Electrical Installation Condition Report is an in-depth inspection and test of an existing electrical installation and is reported on a form that complies with the current wiring regulations. All of the accessible electrical accessories (socket outlets, switches, etc.) are visually inspected, with 10% of them being inspected internally. This means that the accessories are opened up to expose the wiring and terminals to establish if there is anything to suggest poor installation or quality of materials.

The Installation

The installation is also inspected for the presence of bonding conductors, the correct type and location of switchgear and that the installation is being used correctly.

Detailed Test

A detailed test follows, where a range of tests are carried out on each circuit to determine that the safety measures that have been put in place will operate correctly in fault conditions. This includes determining that the earth fault path is effective enough to result in automatic disconnection of the supply in the event of a fault, that the wiring is in good condition and that the residual current device (RCD) operates quickly enough to avoid any danger to the users of the installation.

As well as checking the condition of the installation, an EICR produces information that would be invaluable to anyone wishing to carry out any work on the installation at a later date.

Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)

Any landlord who is renting out accommodation must have a Gas Safety Certificate, as it is a legal document. A Gas Safe registered Engineer comes to a property to carry out checks on all gas appliances and pipework to ensure that tenants are safe and protected against gas or Carbon Monoxide leaks.

How long does a Gas Safety Certificate last for?

The certificate is valid for 12 months, after which a landlord must call out a Gas Safe registered engineer to perform the necessary checks on the gas appliances and pipework of the property.

What Does a Gas Safety Check Involve?

There are a number of gas safety measures that landlords are legally responsible for, however, by ensuring that an annual gas safety check is carried out and an up-to-date CP12 certificate is issued, you can ensure that any gas appliances in that property have been thoroughly checked.

A gas safety inspection should always be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. The check will take around one hour, during this time the engineer will:

  • Run a ‘gas tightness’ check on all gas appliances, to check for gas leaks.
  • Check that there is adequate ventilation in rooms that contain gas appliances.
  • Test the safety mechanisms in the appliances, to make sure that they are working.
  • Carry out a visual inspection of all appliances.
  • Check the burner pressure and gas rate, in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Test the standing and working pressure of the boiler (if test points are available for this).

After the safety check is complete, the engineer should provide you with a landlord gas safety certificate (or CP12 certificate). This document should be held for at least two years after the date of the service, and a copy should be given to any tenants that live in the property within two weeks of the service being completed.

Legionella Risk Assessments

Landlords of residential accommodation have responsibilities for combating Legionnaires' Disease. Health and safety legislation requires that landlords carry out risk assessments for the Legionella bacteria which cause Legionnaires' Disease and thereafter maintain control measures to minimise the risk. Most rented premises will be low risk but it is important that risk assessments are carried out and control measures introduced.

This note is intended to give a brief guide to what the landlord should do. Further advice is available from the Health & Safety Executive.

What is Legionnaires' Disease?

Legionnaires' Disease is a pneumonia like illness caused by the Legionella bacteria and can be fatal. The infection is caused by breathing in small droplets of water contaminated by the bacteria. The disease cannot be passed from one person to another.

Legionella bacteria are found in the natural environment and may contaminate and grow in water systems, including domestic hot and cold water systems. They survive low temperatures and thrive at temperatures between 20 - 45°C if the conditions are right. They are killed by high temperatures at 60°C or above.

Risk assessments

Landlords are under a duty to ensure that the risk of exposure to tenants, residents and visitors by Legionella is properly assessed and controlled.

For most residential settings the risk assessment may well show the risks are low so long as simple control measures are followed. This will apply to houses or flats with small domestic type water systems where the water turnover is high. Provided the risk assessment shows that the risks are insignificant and the control measures are being properly managed no further action would be necessary. It is important, however, to keep the assessment under review periodically in case anything changes to the system.




on time



The way we work


We are time served professionals and have many years experience working within the trade.


The materials we use are of the highest quality as we hand pick them using only the most reputable suppliers.


Most times we get new jobs just from recommendations as a lot of our customers pass our details to their friends and family.


We always provide services on time and within the planned budget.

contact us